2022 Wage and Hour Compliance Update
DateMar 11, 2022
Time13:00 PM EST
The Department of Labor: Wage and Hour rules have always been a large compliance concerns for employers. Especially over the last couple of years with changes to exempt salary thresholds, including bonuses towards exempt salary thresholds and new tip concerns as of the beginning of 2022. This webinar will give the participant everything they need to be up to date on all wage and hour concerns.
· Understanding what is the Fair Labor Standards Act and who is it applicable to
· Details of different types of workers and how the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division view each
· Minimum Wage requirements how to balance Federal with State Law
· Federal Overtime how to determine who is eligible
· Complete review of the salary and wage requirements for all exempt employee categories
· Review of recent legislative updates for exempt salary requirements and tipped employees
· Review Child Labor Rules
· What is the regular rate of pay, how to calculate and why is it important
· Recordkeeping requirements according the FLSA
What Will You Learn:
· Learning about wage and hour concerns
· Update on recent tip requirements
· How to properly classify an employee and pay them properly
Who Should Attend:
· All Employers
· Business Owners
· Company Leadership
· Payroll Professionals
· HR Professionals
· Accounting Professionals
· Attorneys/Legal Professionals
· Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell, she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association.
She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA.
She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
1.0 HRCI Credit Hours (Applied)