State Unemployment Insurance & The Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA)
DateJan 21, 2022
Time13:00 PM EST
This webinar will review the necessary updates on where our unemployment system is and how this will affect the way payroll professionals will do their jobs now and into the future. For years the only changes payroll professionals had to worry about was normal rate changes for state unemployment each year. But in recent years the IRS has made updates to the federal Form 940 and states are in a much different position financially regarding unemployment benefits. Because several states are faced with depleted funds, changes are occurring on payroll unemployment taxes.
· Understanding who and what earnings are subject to unemployment taxes
· A review of FUTA tax rate and tax depositing
· Discuss Form 940 changes and common mistakes made
· How FUTA & SUTA interact and why it is important to understand
· Discussion on the status of the state unemployment system and how it will affect your job in the coming years
· Details of the FUTA Credit Reductions
· How to reduce and maintain your SUI rates
What Will You Learn:
· Form 940 basics and how to properly complete
· Form 940 changes
· FUTA and how to properly calculate
· FUTA and SUTA and how they interact
· Experience Ratings and how they work
· SUI tips and tricks to keep cost down
Who Should Attend:
· All Employers
· Business Owners
· Company Leadership
· Payroll Professionals
· HR Professionals
· Accounting Professionals
· Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell, she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association.
She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA.
She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
1.0 HRCI Credit Hours (Applied)